We just recently ended our Fall/Winter section of 5th grade Tech Club with our end-of-the-year student Tech Club Showcase. The format was very similar to last year’s showcase (see previous post), but instead of having a photo booth this year, we decided to have an “Elf Yourself” station since it is close to the holidays. In addition to the “Elf Yourself” station, we featured 5 project stations this year.
At these stations, we showcased:
1. Hour of Code – We showed our guests some simple computer coding techniques and allowed them to practice these techniques while trying to complete the “Star Wars” Hour of Code tutorial.
2. Tagxedo – We showed our guests how to create a word cloud (using words that describe them) in the shape of their faces. We also showcased our own word cloud self-portraits!
3. Digital Citizenship Superhero Posters – We explained how we used the Marvel website and the Poster My Wall Web 2.0 tool to create Digital Superhero posters featuring heroes who offered a variety of responsible digital citizen tech tips. We gave the guests a chance to create their own Digital Superheroes, and we also displayed our finished posters!
4. Doodle 4 Google – We invited our guests to peruse through the gallery of Google Doodles that we entered into the official “Doodle 4 Google” contest (See Previous Post).
5. Tech Club Commercials – We showcased the commercials we created to encourage other students to join Tech Club.
Overall, I must say that all of the students did a wonderful job! Check out our gallery of photos below!